.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

JetBlue


Tonight someone came into work and asked us to put on CNN, saying something about a plane that was going to crash land. As it turns out, a JetBlue plane, shortly after taking off, was noticed to have landing gear problems. They spent the next several hours circling LAX so their fuel would run low. So they wouldn’t explode. As much. As the plane finally began it’s descent, the 10-15 people in the restaurant stopped, all eyes on the tv. Some had been eating, one family was in the middle of an order, I was mid-way through handing an ice cream cone to a lady. I commented to Robin how sick our society is. Here we were staring at this plane, secretly waiting for it to burst in to flames. How many people were only thinking it would land safely? Oh sure, we’re human, we don’t want anyone to be hurt or die, but a good fireball is always nice, isn’t it? The plane landed safely as we all watched, only a few sparks and flames coming from the damaged front whell before the aircraft ground to a halt. There was an audible sigh of relief, a few people clapped. Nearly everyone smiled. I didn’t realize how tense I’d been until that plane stopped safely, and my stomach dropped out of my chest. God bless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Hoogewind said...

i'm confused... you were secretly hoping the plane would crash, because you enjoy "a good fireball"? are you serious, or did i totally misunderstand your post?

4:03 PM MDT  
Blogger ~JR~ said...

What I'm suggesting is we live in a sick society where violence is praised as a form of entertainment.
~JR~

8:01 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home