.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

As soon as Chris' bus picked him up Even and I were off to Salida so I could start work at WyoCowgirl. After tearing myself away from him at the sitter (he's with a stranger! Ack!) I tracked down Kersten's place. It was actually a fairly pleasant afternoon. I spent my time adding new customers and orders to QUickBooks, so pretty mindless stuff. The hardest things were getting the hang of her freaky iMac mouse and learning the merchandise. Tomorrow I'm supposed to pack and ship stuff, and I'm interested to see everything. I really enjoy it there so far, Kersten seems real nice. If she was able to grow fairly quick and add to my hours, I'd be very interested in sticking around for a good long while.
Home again for a quick dinner with the boys then off to Yolanda's for her PH party. We had 7 people there and only 4 orders for $150 sales. I can't say I'm not disappointed. For once my presentation seemed perfect, was only 30 minutes, and everyone seemed excited and interested. Normally I can pick something that should've gone better, but this time I thought I'd done everything right. Hopefully Yolanda will find some orders tomorrow or Friday, and I'm going to make some calls tomorrow. I really want to at least get her her margarita glasses, which she can have for free if we hit $200. She also likes the fantasia tumblers, so that'd be a plus.
Was I supposed to exercise tonight? Whoops! I got chatting with some guy from HoN while I checked my mail and just lost interest. Though I feel guilty, I don't feel quite guilty enough to get off my lazy arse and push play. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll do S&6P or something. No really major dizzy spells today, but I had that constant dull pain in my head. Doc Gibb thinks me coming in is easier than catching me on the phone. Suppose he'll pick up the copay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home