.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A day late and several dollars short

Well, we're back tracking here. I haven't found the time in a couple days to sit down and "blog". Wow, is that a verb now? It's freaky what the English language does! And what technology makes it do ;o)
So Monday was the first day of school, not something I expected to be emotional. Ack! We took Aerrik to school around 8ish and bought him lunch tickets (go me), then found his classroom halfway down the *big kid* hall. His teacher was all smiles but didn't have much to say to the parents coming in. She seems nice though, and I've heard great things about her. There's a 4th grade mtg next Tuesday, so I'm hoping to talk with her more then. Aerrik had some trouble following directions as to how to get his desk settled, but it was easier to roll my eyes and leave then to keep telling him to read the board and follow directions. He's Mrs. Enck's problem now from 8-3! haha Chris didn't start until 12, so we stopped in to get him a haircut at 11:30. Rita wasn't working, but I was desperate, and Shannon didn't butcher his head this time so that worked out well. He was the coolest looking kindergartener there, if I do say so myself ;o) When we got into his class, he ditched his bag and headed straight for the Legos, no attachment problems here! I think it was Miss Hutchinson's first day of kindergarten too, because she looked more nervous than most of her students. I felt the need to hang out so I stayed 10 minutes or so and made friends with some of the kids. Larry will be the noisy one and Riley is shy, this is what I know so far. I was surprised to find that I didn't want to leave, but I did. I've set my little one loose on the world! I was so excited when they came home that I ran outside to meet the bus! When asked how they're day was, Aerrik was all chatty, but Chris said it was boring. He did like recess though ;o) He brought home a copy of the alphabet and grabbed a piece of paper so he could copy his letters. Now Aerrik has an awesome homework system, and it's really going to help him keep his assignments straight. All the kids got 3 ring binders. In there is a homework scheduler, which I initial each night and it goes towards his social studies grade. I have to initial his reading calendar when he reads 20 minutes a night and that goes to his reading grade. He has mad minutes that we correct and send back, and that's for his math grade. I like how involved she expects parents to be and how organized they're teaching the kids to be. It's working out really well so far :o) Oh, and he also has a calendar that gets colored in each day to show his behavior. Two green days so far!
Work on Monday was *interesting* Tisha was being super bitch and had apparently decided she ruled the world. Well good for me, I was in a bitchy mood too. I don't know if she rubbed off or I just didn't like a 16 yo trying to control me, but we were at each other's throats all night. Well that backfired a bit (which I knew it would, even while it was happening). Mike and Joyce were tres unhappy and had a sit down with Trisha and I separately. One of those be nice or you will no longer have a job talks. I made it out alive at least. Plus before Mike talked to me, Trisha pulled me aside and we apologized to each other and patched things up. Last night was a ton better and we all talked a lot and made sure everyone had the help they needed. We were so sweet to each other it was sickening, but we're on the right track ;o) One other issue Mike had with me was that I'd left work early Monday, leaving Nick to finish close. It was 9:25 when I left and they were just finishing mopping. Well everyone said I left at 9:10, so that caused all kinds of problems. My word against the three of them (Brooke, Nick, and Trisha). But I still have a job ;o)
So why, you may ask, did I leave early from work on Monday? Well around 8:30, I had such a horrible wave of dizziness sweep over me that I almost fell over, followed by an absolutely HIDEOUS headache. I kept getting waves of dizziness every couple minutes, some so bad I had to lean on something for support, and that headache wasn't calming down. Well frankly, I freaked out. I hadn't had a bad spell in many days, so I figured the infection or whatever is causing this was going away. So I left early and even called Russ to help me focus on the way home. I went straight to bed but that headache and just worry kept me awake for a while. Then when I finally did fall asleep Russ went on a fly killing bash (but that's a whole 'nuther gripe). I called Doc Gibb yesterday to review what Mr. Bill had told me, but he didn't call until I was at work and Aerrik took the message. Russ was supposed to tell him to call me at work, but Aerrik didn't know. I'm going to call him again today and leave my cell # too. Yesterday I had a constant though not bad pain in one spot in my head, it's still there ein fact, and only occasional mild dizzy spells. But I did drop a few things last night, which bothered me. I don't know if I was being clumsy or it was a symptom.
On a baby note, Even is making progress on his mobility attempts. He can now roll himself to a goal haha Every now and then he scoots a knee under himself, but never goes anywhere that way. This morning he scooted backwards on his belly using his arms. Also, he holds his arms out consistently when he wants picked up now :o)
I am proud to say that after work last night I popped in SIU. My muscles wanted to move SO bad so I got going! And it felt so good! Today I'll be moving up to RIU, and I'm excited to see how I do. SIU was already bringing on quite a sweat!
Hurricane Katrina made landfall in New Orleans/Mississippi on Monday. I've been checking out the pictures on CNN, the destruction is just amazing. It's kind of morbid, but the pics of the streets filled with water and the destroyed houses are fascinating. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY feel for all the people affected, but how often do we see stuff like this? Gas prices are skyrocketing since we get 1/4 of our oil from that area, and NO is under water, 20 feet in some places as Lake Ponchetrain empties into the city. The Mississippi coast was completely destroyed, that as such a gorgeous area when we drove it 5 years ago. I loved the mansions on the gulf highway, even dreamed about maybe having one someday. And now those house are literally gone. Wow.
Today I start my job with WyoCowgirl. I need to remember to call her and tell her what time I'll be there. The bus picks Chris up later than I'd expected and I still need to drop Even at the babysitter. Hopefully she won't mind too much, and if so we'll just make different arrangements in the future.
On a crawdad note, Monster Crawdad and Phillip were getting it on this morning, so someday we may have babies. According to Gage's site, the colder the water, the slower the gestation, and the water isn't heated at all. But this post should help me keep track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home