.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Cinderellie


This is Cinderellie! Last night I was sitting at my computer about 10:30 and heard this loud squeaking. It was driving Bonnie crazy and I finally got up to look for the source. My search led me to the other side of the king bed where a little mouse sat stock still in the open, squeaking. Crystal was about 6 inches away just relaxed and watching the poor little thing, she wasn't even playing with it or getting ready to pounce or anything. I was slightly amused by this sight but I grabbed the glass off an oil lamp and plopped it over the poor thing. Using a not-so-appropriate book as a bottom, I picked up the whole thing and rescued her from the not-so-interested kitty. Well I named her Cinderellie because she reminded my of the song off Cinderella. If there's on thing we have plenty of it's tanks and cages, so she got a comfy spot on the dining room table for the night. This morning she was still shaking and scared, so after discussion with the kiddies I decided to set her free. I imagine Crystal will just bring her home again, but atleast she'll have a little free time. She looked kind of young, and wasn't very skittish when touched, but boy could she jump!!! So this afternoon we had to stop by Poncha Pets and price fuzzy critters, like 4 crawdads, 5 goldfish, a cat and dog aren't enough! Chris wants a rabbit and Aerrik wants a dagu, which looks like a gerbil the size of a rat. I want a dwarf hamster ;o) No money though. But wouldn't you know it, someone in the paper is giving away 2 gerbils complete with cage, food and bedding. Wonder what the catch is? I'm gonna call later tonight and find out more :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home