.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Who the hell invented 4AM?????


Yesterday we did indeed wake up at 4am. Well, okay, it was more like 4:15, but why pick nits when it's that ridiculously early? The boys woke up surprisingly well and since they were making noise, the baby woke up with a smile on his face. We got out of the house at the appointed time but were still late for the balloon. This was the 6th annual Rocky Mountain Balloon Festival and dad says it gets bigger every year. We were in the line to get into the reservoir for a good 45 minutes. Luckily we could see all the balloons from right there though :o) The drivers were definitely stupid, there were people cruising up the other lane, then waiting for someone to let them in near the front. They got so aggressive they were actually forcing people into the median if they weren't let in. Dad's big Expedition nearly took off a lady's mirror, but she was out of her lane so I don't have a lot of sympathy for her. Anyway, the festival itself was neat, the balloons are so much prettier in person than just in pictures. We walked around and the kids collected a few cards, and dad got them each a blow-up balloon toy like last year. I got a flag for the window of my car, one of those that clips on to the window. It used to be such a big thing and now you never see them, but I've wanted one a long time to show my support for the troops around the world. In fact I think I'm going to start my own Any Soldier section on my site to connect soldiers with penpals.
I was able to sleep a little in the car on the way back to Dad's, but still opted out of going to pick up his new car in Ft. Collins. The logic was that if he took Aerrik and Chris, I could get some sleep when Even napped. This didn't work out as well as it could've since the baby didn't nap much, but I got maybe an hour of broken sleep, part of it while the baby played on the floor and watched Sponge Bob. The boys were gone for 3 or 4 hours and dad came home with a 2003 Nissan Altima. He misses how big his old car was, but he won't miss the gas bills since he was paying about $18 a day to get back and forth to work.
We left not too long after that. I would've liked to stay longer, but it was almost 4 and I have to work at noon today, so staying another night wasn't a good idea. We would've had to get up way to early to make it back in time. I'll have to figure out when we can get back down. I was hoping to go down for dad's birthday the 11th since he'll be 50, but he already made plans. I told him to let me know if they fall through. We left in the middle of a huge lightening storm, there was even a strike in a field next to us as we were coming up on the highway. Talk about loud! We got home without incident though, I didn't even get overly tired, so that was good.
Last night we order pizza and watched Weird Al videos (heehee) We also saw Sin City, what a strange movie... It's like a live comic book done in film noir style, bad monologues and all :oP I finished my CA and it came out nice. I even took a pic, so once i get that uploaded I'll send it to the group. I worked on Sarah's afghan, but ran out of yarn for it so I'll need to pick up a couple more skeins when I have the $.
Even was a pain last night, he decided to wake up a couple times, then got up real early this morning. Well I was having none of that so I just let him play on the bed while I went back to sleep. Russ and he are trying to nap right now, and I need to get to work in about an hour. The first day of school is tomorrow and I'm definitely more excited than the kids are about it :oP I need to remember to find all their paperwork when I get back from work today, and I'm taking Aerrik to school in the morning, so I'll have to be awake early.
Oh, on a health note, I was having a lot of dizzy spells again yesterday, but I'm not sure if it was just because of how tired I was, so I'll have to wait and see. I'm also planning on trying Doc Gibb's 555 diet again. So starting this week, no more chocolate. I've done that before with nearly no problem, so I figure it's a good place to start. I really need to start exercising again too. Augh :oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home