.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Little fingers

So here I am at Dad's house, it's been a nice day except that the older boys have still been whiny. No problem though because they're finishing up with their baths and getting to bed early. Of course, this is because we have to get up at 4am, ugh! But we got down here this afternoon and went out to Red Lobster for dinner. We discovered Even likes onions and Aerrik likes lobster. Weird kids :oD
Butterfly, I have two new things to add to my thankful list. While I was driving I looked into my rear view mirror and saw Even's little fingers sticking up in the air. Normally I can't see him at all behind his rear-facing infant seat. It was hard not to stare at those tiny fingers while trying to drive. I'm thankful for baby fingers. Also, I was smelling his sweet hair as we walked through a tire store today, and it just gave me the warm fuzzies. I'm thankful for the smell of baby shampoo and fresh rubber.
I talked to Betsy for a couple minutes via Yahoo tonight. She was eating too much and I gave her some tips about drinking water rather than eating. I should follow my own advice. When you feel like snacking, drink 8 oz of water. If you still feel like your snack, take a bite, then take a big drink of water. Pause, then take another bite and another drink of water. Repeat as necessary. Don't deprive yourself, but make sure you really want/need it.
Well Even needs to go to bed and the boys need their snacks, then we'll call Russ up at the lake and say goodnight. Tomorrow is going to come way too early, but we should have fun. I was hoping to finish my CA tonight, but I don't think I'll get to it, it's already 8:00 and I wanted to get to bed early tonight. Maybe tomorrow :o)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JR, what a magnificent photo! Are you a professional? I'm sure you could win a prize with that shot. It certainlly evokes those warm and fuzzy feelings in me--and yes, I know exactly what you mean by the "sweet hair" smell! Boy do I miss it!
Kathy

11:48 PM MDT  
Blogger ~JR~ said...

Actually Kathy, I snatched that off a website ;o) Bad me, but it just added so much to the post!
~JR~

10:29 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home