.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It went something like this...


Having discussed my situation (ie. psycho stalker-girl spasm) with Dragon, it was decided I should neither ignore Knight or bother him constantly. It was instead suggested that I e-mail him exactly how I felt, leave a voicemail saying I had e-mailed him and he NEEDED to read it, and see what happens.

And so I wrote…

Subject: Just me again
And I have to tell you I'm not terribly cheerful tonight. I'm actually having a rather hard time writing this, that first sentence has been sitting alone on my screen for 10 minutes now. I miss you, love. Painfully and desperately, and I'm having major problems with that. I think it's because when we first started talking we e-mailed often, then texted incessantly (to the point where I upped my phone plan) and now I hardly hear from you at all. I tell myself you're just busier than usual, but I don't really know that. Maybe you're always this busy and you were making time for me before... Or maybe you're avoiding me for some reason. Or maybe... well, I don't actually know. I want you to be aware that I'm really bothered by this right now. I'm torn between bothering you constantly or ignoring your existence completely until I hear from you again. But I'll settle for this. Just in case you are as paranoid as I can be, no, I'm not dumping you. But I AM having a hard time, I think if I hadn't heard from you so often in the first place that it wouldn't hurt so bad to not hear from you now. And even if you ARE super busy, it takes less than a minute to send a text once a day... I need some reassurance here, and I'm sorry if that sounds needy or whiny, but that's just the way I feel.
A response would be appreciated, in whatever form you want to send it. I just needed to get that all out...
Much love,
~me~

It was less than an hour later that Jack Johnson’s ‘Bubble Toes’ came out of my phone and I excused myself to the privacy of my room. I realize now I don’t even know if he read my e-mail yet, perhaps his call was brought on simply by my message. The results are the same.

((Please read blue text with the sexiest Australian accent God has ever graced a man with))

Hi!
Hey babe
How are you doing?
I’m alright, I just called to see how you’re first day was
Ugh, long and boring! I spent most of my day sitting in my cubicle reading training manuals. But it’ll be better once I go on site. It was okay.
Well good, that’s really great. Hey, I can’t talk long, I’m probably going to be working til 5am, but I just wanted t see how your first day is.
Well thank you. Can I ask you something?
What’s that?
Are you always this busy?
No. No I’m not always this busy.
Promise?
I promise. We just have a ton of projects coming due, like 12 projects this week.
Okay. I believe you. I’m just going a little crazy over here. (And my voice started to break. Did he hear that?)
You’ve gotta have faith in me baby. It’s not always like this.
All right. I will. I’ll let you go.
Okay babe, I’ll talk to you soon, okay?
Okay, bye.
Bye babe. (And that's when I broke down.)

And regardless of how much I may have cried, from pure relief and loneliness, I do believe him. And that will push me through the next 24 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home