.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Blue Rose


Hmmmm... Approaching yet another Valentine's day without a sweetheart. Most of the year I don't mind so much, but there are too many flowers and hearts and cuddly stuffed critters this time of year. Makes a girl a bit lonely, you know? And realistically I know I'm too busy and too picky for a relationship right now, but I still think about it now and then. So what kind of guy would I have?

I know a man who married his best friend, who overcame a bad marriage to be with the one he truly loved and had fireworks and magic with. I know a man who was totally devoted to his wife in every aspect while still being the man he was. I know a man who, when his wife became ill, found the finest doctors, the best research and did everything he could to help her. He helped her dress, he sat beside her and helped her wash her hair in the bathtub when she couldn't shower anymore. He brought home flowers every week, and pushed her wheelchair around any town fair or convention center event she wanted to go to. He lived for her and she for him. I know a man who held his best friend's hand as she died, and told her how sorry he was that he couldn't fix it.

I guess I want a man like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home