.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy new year! We were fortunate enough to spend the night with Nickles, Goofball and Ember. The boys had a great time, though Even had a rough night of it. He was coming down with a bad cold plus he'd been with his dad 4 nights, which always makes him a bit clingy. Well whether it was that, or being sick, or just being in a new place, he had a rough night. He went to bed on time but ended up being awake til midnight with the rest of us, then I slept with him in the spare room. That was a shame, because I LOVE their couch! haha Aerrik really liked playing with GB, nice to find someone with the same maturity level as him ;o) ALl in all it was a great night and I need to take the boys up again!
Oh, and Aerrik decided he wants to move out to Brush... He says the sunset was really pretty. And it was... No mountains, and the fields were all flat snow and ice from the storms. The sunlight shone red and gold off all that ice, and it was very beautiful. And then he could be a farmer. I told him it would put him 5 hours or more from his dad, and he said he didn't mind. That's okay, I don't want to be a farmer *l* Though it would be nice to be closer to Nickles...
So resolution time, something I try to not make a habit of. But this isn't a resolution, this is a goal, and it's just convenient right now because all my support sites are running off resolutions. Spark's 31 days to success mission 1: write down your goal! I want to exercise every day! SUccess mission 2: Make sure your goal is specific! Okay, I want to exercise for a minimum of 15 minutes every day. This can include any tape, hard walking, jogging, etc, but it must be concentrated exercise. Walking the mall doesn't count ;o) My reward is a sticker on the calendar every day it's accomplished. Mid-range goal is under 200 at which point I shall dye my hair! Haven't decided on a color yet.
Had a bit of a disappointment today. Ash got drunk and high on new year's eve. How long was she straight? 6 months? 5? And she's been fighting it so hard... I was so mad at her, and so disappointed. I feel like a big sister. I wrote her a firm e-mail then let it drop. I know she can do better, and I know it's hard, but I wish she hadn't used the day as an excuse. On the plus side though, Rach stayed sober and is truly keeping to her plan to try to clean up.
Well the boys are in bed and I've got my second night of exercise done. Even has a nasty nasty cold now, and I expect he'll be up tonight. I just hope he isn't feverish tomorrow, I have a job interview I have to get to. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home