.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Walking Away

Didn''t get around to posting last night, bedtime snuck up on me. We spent another day trapped in the house, but it was a good day. I rearranged my priorities and spent a minimum amount of time on the computer. I got the house cleaned up, crocheted quite a bit, watche dmovies and cuddled and played with Even. He's definitely getting bored, he was asking to go bye bye all day. Well now he's off with his daddy so that should help.
Last night he and Alice made friends. He was laughing and pointing at her cage, so I followed him over there... He stuck his face right up to the cage and Alice scampered over and nuzzled him! He broke into uncontrollable 2-year old giggles and did it again, and the two kept this up for nearly 5 minutes! I laughed and laughed, but was just waiting for her to bite his lip... She never did though and it was the cutest thing, I had to call Nickles and tell her all about it!
I was giving Ev a bath when L called... Thought I'd call cuz I've heard you've been going crazy trying to figure out when I was coming in to town. I was but Monday I gave up and decided I didn't care. Good, me to. Brief small talk. Look, I just wanted to let you know I'm not interested in that... What exactly do you define as that? We live in different states, I'm just not looking for a relationship... Good, me neither. Look L, it's been almost 5 years. I'd love to get together and all that, but I don't want to marry you. Good. Call quickly ended thereafter... ANd after I hung up I sat and thought about it for a minute, and it was true. I really don't care. And now 24 hours later, I wonder if I'd even care to see him at all... Oh it might be nice, we always did get along really well. But aren't the fantasies and memories better anyway? My life's turned just in these last few days... And it doesn't involve anyone but me and my babies. My family. The friends I hold dear.
This morning I discovered the drift by the van went up to the roof on the driver side. I crawled in through the passenger side and tried to rock my way to the street. I got about 5 feet... When I got out I saw a man in the neighbors' yard and asked if he had a shovel I could borrow. He said he did and would be right back, turns out he doesn't live there. Well I spent close to two hours digging just enough to get to the street, I'm not about to tackle the front steps yet! I left the shovel in the yard (as instructed) with a bag of cookies and a thank you note tied to it. It was still there when I came home tonight... But I did buy my own shovel!
Work was a bit crazy. I walked in and Dan thanked the heavens and handed 4 paychecks to me to write. Since payroll never made it in Wednesday, we had to handwrite any checks people wanted. Probably got about 50 out. But it was good cuz I got to work late, and I'm going in for a few hours tomorrow which will help with the time I'll miss for Christmas. Things are getting so tight... I worry a bit, but I know we'll make it all right. Roof and full bellies, right?
Tonight I've gotten a load more crocheting done and just relaxing in general. It's 9:15 on a Friday night and I'm seriously considering bed... Could I have grown up just a little?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home