.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Makes me wonder....


I was sitting at a red light tonight listening to Alice and drinking a milk shake from BK. I laughed at an exchange between the DJs and the traffic guy, and as I was smiling and laughing, I glanced over at the car next to me, a little jeep in the turn lane. He momentarily met my eye and I turned away again and went on drinking my shake and listening to the traffic report. Well after a minute I notice the turn lane traffic has moved but he hasn't, and then about the same moment I notice this, this guy honks his horn. Of course I look, and he flips me off then drives away. So.... Does he have a problem with BK? Or did he think I was laughing at him for something? ANd it made me wonder how that small moment of hostility will affect the rest of his night. Will he hold it in his mind and curse about it to himself? Was he already in a bad mood and the episode is quickly forgotten? The strangest things stay with us for the longest time. Is that cruel hand gesture stuck in his head now, as he thinks of the person who he thought was mocking him? The radio really was quite funny...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange reaction to a smiling/laughing person I think. But hey I'm just one of those people who would have smiled back.

9:07 AM MST  
Blogger Craig said...

I find myself being way too vulnerable to little incidents such as these. They defy explanation. Where does their power come from then?

4:59 AM MST  
Blogger Betsy said...

He probably didn't give it a second thought...

Heck, I've stopped looking at people in other cars. I just let them laugh at me while I'm singing away! ;)

11:57 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home