.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Back to the point though...

Having come back to this blog after so long, I had some free time at work today and decided to read through all of it. I found some memories I'd forgotten, a few very precious which still hold the ability to make me all warm and fuzzy. I found a few not so good ones that are better left buried. I confused myself with code names of long forgotten never happened guys. And I realized that over the course of the last couple years (until I started writing) this became not so much a record of my life and times as of my love life and my over-dramatic heart. Not that that isn't entertainment - it certainly is. But I found that outside of the overwhelming emotions I also enjoyed the play by play of my life. So I'm gonna try to get back into that pointless day to day that I might hold so dear years from now as I stumble back here.

Today was the first day back to school after winter break so I had to figure out when to wake everybody up again. It's off without Aerrik here and I'll need to work on the timing. Regardless, I was very nearly on time for work. My days with filled with editing, filing, and a tiny bit of homework. Almost done with Catcher in the Rye, I should finish it tonight. Not sure why it's such an amazing classic... Maybe because of the narrator's intense emotions and the way he speaks to us like a real person? Holden thinks like I do most of the time.

I called Aerrik after work. He'd called me and I wanted to hear about his day so I called as soon as I started the car. We talked a good 45 minutes. It sounds like he had a good first day, he had algebra, world history, academic intervention, and I can't remember the last class (bad mom!). He got all his homework done, made a friend or two, and got hit on by a junior working at Alco! Russ and he went grocery shopping and only went a little over budget. He sounded like he missed me, but also like he was doing well. He asked what was going on done here, what were the guys doing, showed a lot of interest in us. I tried to tell him as much as I could but we're really just not that interesting...

Rice a roni for dinner and it was Austin's night out. He and Brian went shooting pool leaving me with the other 3. I got Brendan's new mini RC working and played a make believe game with Ev while I made some pigs. Also got the rats cleaned, cats scooped, plants watered, bills paid, and eggs boiled. Not a bad night. I started watching Friday the 13th 6 but turns out I'd already seen it. So I started watching part 7 but it turns out I have kids and couldn't get any peace ;o) Did you know Netflix has a 500 movie limit on your queue? I must get some of these watched so I can add more!

Well Brian is interrupting me as I try to type and I need to get to bed anyway. Signing off, maybe I'll be back soon. I suppose I should have a heart to heart with Bri but frankly my heart's not into it. Always looking for the hero, always wanting someone to fight for me. Trouble is he won't get around to it unless directed, and sometimes not even then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home