.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My Testimonial for FlyLady


Well Flylady, I have a bone to pick with you!!! You’ve caused me so much annoyance and stress! Why? Because it seems every time I go to take a drink, my water bottle is empty!!! I don’t even remember drinking it! The stuff just seems to magically disappear! So I’m getting off my franny once or twice an hour to go refill it, just to find it empty again the next time I want a drink! And if that wasn’t enough, I’m off to the bathroom constantly it seems! Like every hour! *gasp*

Seriously though, thank you. I’ve fluttered and bumped off and on for a couple years now, and just recently re-subscribed. I had decided to make some life changes as my weight slowly crept up and my stress level rose. See, I’m living with my dad right now while I go through a rough divorce, my ex is fighting for custody of our three kids. He refuses to pay any support, so I have no money for my own place. My dad has been so sweet to open his door to me and my boys, but I realized I wasn’t respecting his home like I would my own. Oh, I’d help out, pick up after the kids, do the dishes a couple times a week, but that really wasn’t much help. My new step mom did the bulk of things, and I’d silently justified it to myself because she doesn’t work. Well that’s not right, I live there too! So I re-subbed to remind myself of what I’d known while I’d been living on my own last fall. In addition I wanted to start being more healthy, so using the tried and true baby step method, I was slowly changing things in my life. One of the first things I gave up was soda. Unfortunately, I didn’t really replace it with much, and I was always hungry and always thirsty. Well then came June and your reminders to drink plenty of water! And I sure have! I didn’t really expect to see anything different from it, but in the last few weeks I’ve noticed my skin looks cleaner and softer. Also, my heart burn hasn’t been as bad as it had, maybe because my body has more fluids to help me break down food?

One more thing you HAVE to know. I cooked breakfast this morning. Oh my gosh! I’m a far cry from being back to routines, in fact this morning was the first time in forever that I had my clothes already laid out and got dressed to shoes. But I slipped out of a bed a tiny bit earlier and was quickly ready to start my day. Medicine to the sick dog, milk for the baby, finish packing the diaper bag (which should’ve been done the night before) and it was still 30 minutes before work! Wow! Time for a relaxing bowl of cereal before I left. But wait, I have all this time! So I made up scrambled eggs, put out some blueberries and toasted an english muffin. Can you believe I’ve never made my baby scrambled eggs in his 17 months of life? I couldn’t! We had a nice relaxing breakfast together instead of the rushed bites while running out the door and having him fed by the sitter. And guess what else? It’s 2 ½ hours later, and I’m not starving! Possible because I had REAL food for breakfast? You bet!

I left my house with a shiny sink, breakfast dishes in the dishwasher, and all the laundry put away. Dinner is defrosted in the fridge and I know just what I’m doing with it. My bed is made, even though the sheets need changed. I boogied the baby toys last night so all that is left are the ones he loves and the rest have been FreeCycled to someone in need. As I said, I still have a long way to go, but I know I’m on track. My control journal is out on the counter waiting for me to come home and look at it :o)

Thank you for your wonderful system, designed to fit anybody! Your common sense is nothing short of genius. Oh, and one more thing, I got the calendar for the first time and I can’t wait for August!

FLYing in Colorado

~JR~

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love you!!! its ashley!

12:34 AM MDT  
Blogger ~JR~ said...

Right back atchya babe! Have you had your scrambled eggs today?

11:49 AM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, the dutch would say you've gotten 'your ducks in a row'!

1:39 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home