.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JR's Little Corner

I imagine this will be my little place where I can say whatever I feel. I've journaled off and on, so why not? Here expect to find what's been going on, what's been annoying me, etc etc.

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Simple Life

I had the nicest weekend with the boys. I made it clear to them before they came down that I had absolutely no money, and that included not even enough gas money to drive down into Denver to do thigns we have memberships for. I needed all the gas I had to get them back to Hooray's. Well regardless I still wanted to have a nice time with them, so I focused on just paying attention. Friday night after dinner, I asked them to go for a walk with me and I took them to a really neat new park I've been wanting to check out. It was a little further than we'd normally go, and Chris was ocmpletely pooped when we got home, but we had a great time! Then the older boys played in the sprinklers with Austin and Tyler. Saturday we went to the park again, and took the neighbor kids with us. We had a nice picnic lunch and spent a couple hours there. In the afternoon, we watched a movie and I played video games with Chris while Aerrik chattered to us about the website he was looking at. That evening after Even went to bed, we pulled out the polymer clay and made things together. On Sunday I spent the morning switching between watching Aerrik play computer games and reading through a Lego magazine with Chris and digging for dinosaur bones in his plaster chunk (we have 5!). Just spenidng a little time with them was so special, we didn't have to go any where for that. And even better, since we weren't ruishing here to there, it was all more relaxed than it would normally be. Oh, and I even got them to do a quick 2 minute clean-up with me. We had the whole house picked up in no time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home